Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Cold enough for ya?


Been to Duluth?
Thanks for the free photo hosting, picasa pixies! If you have, you'll recognize the arial lift bridge. It's a pretty tall item. It is not so tall that it should be completely obscured by frozen stuff. Duluth is a cold place. I talked to someone in Dain's Duluth office, about a half mile from this bridge, who expects it to be about 30 below zero tomorrow night. Woof.
The last time St. Paul got below 25 below we threw boiling water out of my apartment window to watch it freeze before it hit the street.
Tomorrw St. Paul is supposed to hit 8 below as a high and 25 below as a low.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How high up does your apartment have to be for that? I would pay money to see it.


Jonathan

1:10 PM  
Blogger MrFares said...

I suppose it could work at ground level if you throw upwards. We just happened to be on the second floor and didn't see the need to go out.
I first saw it during a party. I noticed something like lightning and finally figured out that the folks on the third floor were doing this and the flash was my lights reflected off the cloud of ice as it went past on the way down.
An important tip: take out the screens before you try this.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home