Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Morning sickness? Hiccoughs? Farty? Sluggish after a big meal? Hungover?

Elixir! For over a decade I have known that there is magic in the world because I have seen how fast you can cure hiccoughs by sucking Angostura Bitters off a lime, but that I had known that shooting a couple of tablespoonsful could end wind and yowling cats. I can't begin to think of the times this could have been useful. I was moving one of the couple or three accumulated bottles around in the cabinet tonight and happened to read the oversized label.
Hard to believe that I hadn't bothered before. It's not like O'Gara's had a lot of other reading material laying around. I'll chalk it up to consistently having sparking conversation available.
More amazing than the story there and the claims for specific healthful benefit is the fact that I have had a bottle with the word 'flatulence' on it within easy reach for all these years and didn't even know it. I thought I had a sixth sense about these things.
I did a shot, about three teaspoons per the directions. I feel great.

Here's my plan. I'll have some each day until I use up the big jar, or suffer ill effects, or simply forget to continue the regimen. I'll keep you posted on the results.
I do not intend to discontinue that other experiment involving bottles of beer.


Here's the scoop on the oversized label; Lazy
Here's the long form history on the company site.

And here's the man among Menhatten

1 Comments:

Blogger MrFares said...

Hint: most bartenders will gladly part with a "dose" of bitters. Start you evening off on the cheap with two tablespoons of this wonder cure and save six bucks you might otherwise spend on Cap'n Morgan.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home