Sunday, June 27, 2004

Like Smallville man

Can I be hip without being cool? Yes, I like Smallville. Like most of America, I didn't watch much of the last season but I caught the season finale and it was really good. I justify it thusly, I know a pretty fair amount about Superman, yet I don't care about the current comic so they can do whatever they want provided he doesn't get invisibility or marry Lois or team up with Plastic Man. This show is pretty great. Lex is Clark's best friend. There are no supervillains yet so he spends maybe a little too much time fighting X-files quality villains. Even without the suit the big stuff comes out. It does so at an excruciatingly slow drip. The best twist? Jor-El sent the kid to conquer the earth as Krypton's legacy. He's the ultimate little league dad portrayed by disembodied voice emanating from a crack in some cave wall. Oh yeah, Lana Lang's parents were squished by Kal-El's ship when it crashed into the Earth. Good stuff at a good pace. It's been on three seasons which means that the Cable enriched can catch up on ABC FAMILY, or whatever it is called this week, and be ready for the fall.


The secret that every Tuesday they have a twofer on Metallica (except during the Howard Stern show)


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone hijack your account to post an ad for Smallville?

The Fares I know would never misspell 6 words in one entry.

Or acknowledge the existance of Mr. Stern.

Thus sayeth Wentz

3:34 PM  
Blogger MrFares said...

I got 7. Invisibility, supervillains, conquer, emanating, without, and whatever. I do my best work while I'm feeding the baby. Corrections have been made

K-Metal is not a real station but if it was I am sure that it would involve Metallica and Howard Stern.
As to my gushing, yeah, I should have dropped it after referencing Plasticman but it's too late now. I'll have to live with it.

4:36 PM  
Blogger MrFares said...

I got 6. Apparently I can't count either.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home