Saturday, June 19, 2004

Brains, brains

Not as popular as they used to be This St. Louis food was a topic at the poker game the other night and Steve had trouble accepting that they were not only served to popular acclaim but enjoyed until the age of Mad Cow disease.
Only 40 cents in 1942
I used to get these with my grandfather on lunch breaks when I was working at the shop in high school. They were about two bucks by then. Brain rolled in flour, deep fried, and served on white with salt pepper and onion. Ketchup to taste. They are straighforward and delicious and better than any other fried item I've ever had on bread. I have read that these are a 3,000 calorie high cholesterol snack. I don't even think Atkins would touch them. Man, it seems wrong but it makes me really hungry. Good eatin!

4 Comments:

Blogger MrFares said...

(1) I suppose they're pretty cheap wherever they separate the soft delicious parts of cows from their bony exteriors. I'm guessing the are sold by the bucketful due to the low demand as well as the relative wet strength of paper sacks.(2) However, consider the popularity of other organ meats in this culture combined with the width of the Minnesota palate. Then revisit any jokes I've made about mad cow disease.
(3) Considering the forcast we may end up inside and that's no place for fryin. Have you ever tried to get the smell of greasy brain out of your drapes?

9:33 PM  
Blogger MrFares said...

Any of my other former roommates can consider themselves spoken for. Thank you Jeff.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After viewing the menu from Pat's, I refuse to buy their head lettuce until I get some clarification.

Thus sayeth Wentz.

10:24 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

lebron 17
golden goose
supreme
supreme
longchamp handbags
moncler coat
nike sneakers
moncler outlet
kyrie 3
retro jordans

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home