Friday, June 25, 2004

Do wiseguys eat brain sandwiches?

It doesn't seem so. In looking for something completely unrelated I found this lengthy crime story. I watched Donnie Brasco last week and was interested in that period in crime history so I read it. I admit that this is a little dry by comparison.
I remember the news coverage from the early 80's about the Leisure family and, although it doesn't appear here, there had been testimony at David Leisure's trial that one of them had mangled and enemy's hands by putting them into a truck transmission.
One of the lines from this article that stands out
"During the trial, witnesses testified that Trupiano’s bookmaking operation lost money. It was the first time federal agents had ever heard of an underworld bookmaking operation running in the red. "

1 Comments:

Blogger MrFares said...

I believe the actor who portrayed Joe Isuzu was coincidentally named David Leisure.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home