Monday, June 20, 2005

When you put him in the microwave it sounds just like James Earl Jones.


Darth Tater
"NOOOOOOOO!"This plastic potato is a better actor than Hayden Christensen.
To explain, we got the 4,5,6 box set. Woohoo!
I have recently reviewed the first 1/2 of the original trilogy and wiped away a quarter cetury misconception. I'd forgotten that that Vader's Basso Profundo breaks.
James Earl Jones' voice was not that of a calculating killer, it's the voice of rage. Vader is not a cold Cylon, he's barely holding it together. Seeing it all again it's stupid to imagine Anakin became so Darthy from despair. I agree with Doug, Jim and several others that the remorseful "nooo!" at the end of Sith comes from the deranged Lucas and not the Sith Lord.

In addition to the general suckiness of the new flicks it furhter sucks that the DVDs are re-edited so that "Greedo shoots first" and "Luke slipped". Truthfully I didn't catch the changes when I saw the re-releases and wasn't keyed into them this pass on the DVDs. I have read of them and and knowing where the CGI and sound edits have been pushed in to "polish" the story I will validate them next time around when I'm not clouded with nostalgia.
Overall, there is no question that the digital remasters look freakin awesome. That goes a long way. I'll cry a little each of the next 500 times I watch Empire

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Wentz said...

Luke slips? What's that?

10:18 AM  
Blogger MrFares said...

Here's a great list of nitpicks and gross miscalculations directed at Lucas' revisionist tendancies in Empire Strikes Back, the Special Edition.
Scroll down to "Luke's Scream" for a good summation.
I like the idea of an "even more special" reissue DVD.
I am not pleased to learn that they redubbed Mr. Fett. I haven't gotten to that scene yet.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home