Monday, July 19, 2004

I steal bandwidth but I'm going to change

I got into a bad habit of "deep linking" images to this site and sucking the photos you see off of other sites and servers. When you see it here you are actually seeing that part of somone else's site.
That's a crappy thing to do and I'd apologise if it came to that. It's not like linking to something cool on another site and sending the business their way. Since I want to have cool pictures without the gut wrenching complexity of justifying moral relativism I will have to dig up a photo hosting server. Let me know if you have a good free one to recommend. Meanwhile, enjoy the beauty of text while I wrestle with the ethics of simply swiping JPEGs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fark had a link to an eBay auction where someone had used that technique to post pictures of, I think, the model of jet ski he was selling. The bandwidth stealee replaced the pictures with ones of... let's just say 'fellas' and leave it at that. The guy's eBay account was screwed for having such things in his auction.

Jonathan

4:49 PM  
Blogger MrFares said...

In getting educated about the issue I found two or three similar ones. My favorite was someone who had stolen their chat room avatar and got it replaced in something like 300 posts with "Maxxtor733, please stop stealing my icon for your avatar!" in giant red text.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home