Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Check out my can

Ikea has Candy Rats Aroma I was down by the Mall of America yesterday taking care of some non-indoor rollercoaser with rubber wheels business when I realized that I was just across the road from the new Ikea store. I decided to take a spin thorugh their lot and check it out.
The building is huge and the underneath is a drive-through parking and loading area. That suprised me. It makes sense from a retail standpoint but I wouldn't want to be the one to pay the heat bill. As I pulled through on my biathalon of rubbernecking and pylon slalom I saw at least two families with grocery sacks, coolers, and cots unloading in the white zone. I thought, "They definitely need to get some new folding cots and tote bags," then I realized that at 4 in the afternoon, a full 16 hours before the opening of a Swedish Target store in the middle of the concrete prairie, people were camping out. These fans were sitting out to be counted among the first shoppers. Counted among the first shoppers eligible to recieve a ready-to-assemble laminated wood, hex key, and barrel nut chair worth $160 bucks, that is. Bless them. I wonder if they used to do that for the Who twenty years ago and now cannot see making the effort for Nickleback but want to share something similar with the kids.
We got the catalog in the mail, that's how I know about the free chair. We also got the comlimentary issue of the StarTribune provided by our new neighbors, Ikea. The Strib has been packing it's news hole with Ikea wonderment for a few weeks now. I expect the next issue to be printed on laminated birch plywood and look pretty good.
So Renee went today. It was my niece's birthday wish to redo her room in Pergo and Ikea so she celebrated with a spree. I cannot get her to eat the herring and onions though.
I recieved this understated watering can which does a fine job of carrying water to my house plants. I even watered Preston for a bit before bedtime until he protested.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home