Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Everything I know about saving a victim of dehydration and exposure I learned from this movie

Good, Bad, Ugly I think it may be time to watch this again. The full article this slideshow comes from says that they are releasing this with an additional 20 minutes restored from the original. They had to get Eli Wallach and Clint to come back to dub the extra stuff forty years later.
I recently had a converstaion with Bill and Jonathan about something I saw on IFC's Samurai Saturday feature. I have excerpted a couple of sections from it:
>Hey, I just saw Toshiro Mifune in Yojimbo on IFC's "Samurai Saturday" and
>recognized it right away as the frame for frame basis for the miserable
>"Last Man Standing" which largely explains why that movie seemed so
>idiotic. Yojimbo is great because everyone in it lives within about 75 feet
>of one another in houses that look like the joke wall from the end of
>Laugh-In but that doesn't translate well from medieval Japan to Gangsters
>in the 30's. It might have flown as a western.
>
>Or if they'd gotten Alan Sues instead of Bruce Willis.

Bill replies (correctly per another source)"
Yojimbo was the basis for "For a Few Dollars More", unless I'm confusing it
with Sanjuro. Whichever came first was the one used by Leone."

2 Comments:

Blogger MrFares said...

I later realized that Yojuimbo was set in 1880's Japan which better explains the use of a revolver in it.

8:49 AM  
Blogger MrFares said...

I republished the template for the blog. Strange but it seems to vary depending on which machine I use as to what the current view is. Anyway, I can't hyperlink to the long string of this link but I had no problem clipping it and pasting it to the address bar of another IE window.
Thus, "As for me it meaning that I sufficiently am smart, the people because of me, are I, sufficiently handsome, the people who are that my way of doggone you vote and think of thing."

Being posted by Fares

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home