Thursday, February 03, 2005

Hey, no playing cards in the pews

I wanna adore the host all night, and party every day This article has been on my mind for a couple of days. I know folks find comfort and salvation in prayer but the round-the-clock ritual wasn't even very popular when it was popular.
Here's my favorite line
"I think we're going to have an explosion this year," Powell said. "People are just calling out of the woodwork. It's amazing."

I am sure there are a lot of Lutherans in this town that are not impressed by a grass roots works program that's catching on at the local parish. A self-elected program of works like this is the sort of thing that sent Fr. Martin to the tool box originally.

Man, I haven't even got a stake in this and I got all worked up.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve says: If people are indeed calling out of the woodwork, I would expect the dang thing to burst, or at least start to crack from the desperate attempts of the people to free themselves. Sheesh.

But seriously, what's your beef? you just don't like showy faith. You aren't timid about your political beliefs, which are to a certain extent based on unverifiable, axiomatic assertions. I say, if you are going to believe, *believe*, and no half-stepping about it. if you don't like the logical conclusions that said beliefs get you - or the actions they demand - change your faith.

10:30 AM  
Blogger MrFares said...

Spot on. I don't fancy any ritual that subsumes resources that could otherwise be deployed in service of my utopian scheme. My political beliefs are to a very large extent axiomatic when you get down to the core but hey, I gotta live among the humans so you have to expect that.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home